Thursday, 17 July 2014

Blogger Book Club: Our Next Book Is...

So, the votes are in, the lines have closed, and votes have been counted and verified...

... or something like that.


Source

Regardless, you guys have voted, and I am very excited by the fact that the next book we will be reading for the Blogger Book Club is Tampa by Alissa Nutting.

Celeste Price is an eighth-grade English teacher in suburban Tampa. She is attractive. She drives a red Corvette. Her husband, Ford, is rich, square-jawed and devoted to her. But Celeste has a secret. She has a singular sexual obsession - fourteen-year-old boys. It is a craving she pursues with sociopathic meticulousness and forethought.
Within weeks of her first term at a new school, Celeste has lured the charmingly modest Jack Patrick into her web - car rides after dark, rendezvous at Jack's house while his single father works the late shift, and body-slamming encounters in Celeste's empty classroom between periods. It is bliss.
Celeste must constantly confront the forces threatening their affair - the perpetual risk of exposure, Jack's father's own attraction to her, and the ticking clock as Jack leaves innocent boyhood behind. But the insatiable Celeste is remorseless. She deceives everyone, is close to no one and cares little for anything but her pleasure.


Source
Personally, I think this sounds great, and I think it will make for a really interesting chat. We will be conducting the next chat in much the same way as the last one- so namely via Skype, using the instant messenger. Last time it was SO much fun, so please come and join us! I'll be buying the book after work tomorrow or Friday to keep myself entertained on the way to and from London on Saturday.

We will be discussing the book on Tuesday 9th September, probably around 8pm- so get the date in your diary now!!

And if you haven't already, you can sign up to our Blogger Book Club mailing list here! We won't spam you, promise.

What do you think of our book choice this time?

6 comments:

  1. That sounds darkly wonderful! Good choice bloggy book clubbers!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yay yay! I forgot to vote completely but would have voted for this so glad it won :D
    I guess all the chat stuff is sorted nearer the time?
    I have been put off reading lately so this will give me a shove to make sure I do, will try and buy it today :)
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic choice! I've heard a lot about this book and definitely think it would make for some interesting chat. I'm going to try and find it and put it next on my book list!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, I will grab a copy this week me thinks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good choice, am looking forward to picking this up (first stop is trying my library I think!) and getting stuck in. What I like about this idea is that it gets me to read things that I wouldn't necessary normally pick up to read. Pushes me out of my reading rut a bit. Can't wait for the chats nearer the time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely sounds intriguing! I'm off to collect it from my local library later this week so I'll get stuck in soon! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog