Sunday, 8 September 2013

Autumn Uniform

Or, an incredibly awkward attempt at a sort of outfit post.

I know. I don't do outfit posts. But I was so in love with what I was wearing yesterday, despite the fact that it's clearly the most basic, simple, who-would-be-interested-in-that outfit, I wanted to show the world. Literally. That's the scary thing about a blog, isn't it? You are literally sharing things with whoever wants to read your ramblings. And that's a bit weird.

But anyway. 

I love stripes. Seriously- I bought the top I'm wearing this week, only to realise when it arrived that the previous item of clothing I'd bought was this jumper. Oops. As a result, I think this outfit will actually be more or less what I wear from around now until, ooh, March?


My coat was an absolute steal- I picked it up in H&M yesterday and absolutely love it. I've been looking for a coat like this for about three years, so when I saw this one for £30 in H&M it had to be mine. I like how it's slightly oversized, even though it's only a size 10. And I know it isn't coat weather at all yet, but I loved this so much I had to put it straight on (and I nearly melted).


My top is possibly the perfect Breton striped top for autumn. It's really thick and cosy, but it's also loose enough that I'll be able to pop a vest top underneath when the weather really turns. 

I'm also wearing seriously old jeans from Miss Selfridge (I never shop in there but picked these up thinking they were Topshop in Debenhams in Cardiff two years ago, and I'm so pleased- they're amazing), ballet flats from H&M, and if you can spot it, my nail polish is Essie's Mint Candy Apple. I don't tend to wear lipstick often, but yesterday I was in a bit of a meh mood, so on went this lipstick- it's Rimmel, and I think the shade is called Starry-Eyed.

Also, apologies for the frizzball that is my hair- I let it dry naturally and then made the mistake of brushing it right before I took these pictures.

So what do you think? I'm not convinced I'll be doing outfit posts regularly (possibly never again, but we'll see), but this was fun!

And now for a couple of outtakes, for your enjoyment.



What do you think? Is this the sort of thing you'd wear? Is my face really that awkward?

11 comments:

  1. I love the look, it would be something I would wear for sure. The coat is gorgeous as are you missy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! It's definitely an outfit I would wear! I can't wait to wear my winter coat! You should do more outfit posts. I like to see more basic simple outfits rather than typical blogger ones!

    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that jacket is really lovely! the colour is beautiful, and you can't go wrong with a stripey tee :) x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely something I'd wear, my boyfriend always makes fun of me for loving stripey tops so much hah. I also love your coat! I personally can't wait for colder temperatures, I bought like the perfect trenchcoat a couple of weeks ago (after looking for one I actually like for literally years), and I need to start wearing it now eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am yet to master the outfit of the day shots but you seem to be doing well!
    I love stripes, I have so many 3/4 sleeved striped tops but I think I'm still hunting for the perfect one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is lovely!! :) you should definitely do more outfit posts. This outfit is a similar take on what I wear pretty much all the time haha. I've spent the last week in search of the perfect (new) breton top (because I have so many already haha). Yours looks lovely, but I know what I want down to the tiniest detail which makes finding it an impossible task! I really love the striped jumper from Asos with the heart elbow patches too - so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great outfit post! Can't beat a simple stripe tee and jeans :) btw your last post I wrote about briefly in my last 'happy list' post if you would like to see :)

    http://amberluiselove.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/happy-list-6_8.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey stripes twin. I love a good stripe too, you seriously can't go wrong with them. Ps. You look lovely and I heart your jacket and your face. Happy Sunday favourite!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great - this is exactly the sort of thing I'd wear! You're also terrible for my bank balance... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous coloured coat, such an autumnal colour!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog