Friday, 26 April 2013

A Chocolate Teapot


 Remember when I got nominated for a Leibster Award and I said that I never win anything?

I stand corrected.

Can you imagine how excited I was coming home to this!?
A few weeks ago, I entered a competition hosted by Emma Bridgewater and Montezuma. It was one of those really easy ones, where you have to sign up for a mailing list, and answer a question when they've already given you the answer. (You know the sort, they give you a little blurb like "we have shops in X Y and Z town... " and then ask "Which of the following is NOT a town we have a shop in? W, X, or Z?").

Given that I adore anything Emma Bridgewater (seriously, I'm going to bankrupt myself one of these days), I popped my answer into the box, entered my email address, and promptly forgot all about it. Seriously. I enter competitions every now and then, but given that I have never won anything before, I never think much about them. 

Then completely coincidentally, on Tuesday a colleague came into my office, giggling about how she'd won 150g of posh coffee on a Times+ competition. And I still didn't think about the competition. But when I got home, for some reason I decided to check my junk mail account. (Is it just me who has an account which you use almost exclusively for signing up for things?) Mostly because having unread emails stresses me out and I have to clear it every few days or so.

And then I realised that 10 days earlier, I had received a lovely email from a girl named Vikki telling me I'd won the competition. 



Cue panic stations when I realised that they might have given my prize to someone else in the 10 days between them sending me the email and me reading it. Let this be a lesson to you all- always check your inbox! So I quickly pinged off an email in such a panic that I'm not entirely sure it made sense- and two days later, I received the following:

chocolate teapot! (I was absurdly excited by this, particularly given that my EB teapot is one of my most prized possessions)


An Emma Bridgewater I Love Chocolate tin- perfect for ferrying baked goods around/ hiding chocolate in.


And this ridiculously amazing looking hamper of Montezuma chocolate.


See how enormous the hamper is?!
How generous is all of that?! Seriously- I am too excited by this. I'm particularly keen to try the peanut butter filled mini eggs, and the butterscotch pecans, and given that I miss my not-quite-a-pet squirrel, Bruce, from my old job, the Secret Squirrel truffles will go down a treat. I am slightly concerned that the teapot looks too cute to eat, but I'm sure I'll cope- particularly given that it's also made from the wonderful Montezuma chocolate.




So a huge thank you goes out to  Emma Bridgewater and Montezuma for this amazing prize- you have made my week!! Now please excuse me while I go and stuff my face with chocolate...

26 comments:

  1. Amazing! I don't think I could break that teapot to eat though! Looks like you get two Easters this year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not convinced I'll be able to do it! Maybe in a chocolate emergency... xx

      Delete
  2. O-M-G! How amazing does all that look! Congrats on winning! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cool!! And there is SO much of it. Thanks lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. Now THAT is a good prize to be winning. How long is that going to last you? I'd predict three days at the most in my house :P

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impressed by it!! Given that I still have chocolate left over from Christmas, I think it'll last a while...!!! xx

      Delete
  4. congratulations! That is some awesome gifts you've got there. The chocolate teapot is very cute I wouldn't eat it...well maybe i would haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy about it! I know- I think it'll take a chocolate emergency to make me crack into it!!! xx

      Delete
  5. OMG what an amazing package! I'm so jealous of all the chocolate goodies you got!

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it incredible?! I'm so pleased! xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, oh my goodness what a win! I'm so impressed! The chocolate teapot looks freaking delicious xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SO impressed- it's so generous of them both! I know, almost too good to eat though! xx

      Delete
  7. That is an amazing prize! These comps are always worth entering, as there's nothing to lose! I can see why people get addicted x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Oh my god I know- now I've won something, I'm all "Oooh I want to win again!" haha! xx

      Delete
  8. What an amazing prize - I haven't tried their chocs before but I feel I will have to hunt them out now! Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must- it's so delicious, and a UK based company! :) xx

      Delete
  9. You can't eat all of that chocolate yourself, yous should definitely share some with me!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll give it a good go.... :P xx

      Delete
  10. oh my dear god what the hell! so many congrats for winning, this is all so amazing i don't think i've ever been quite so jealous of a post, how much chocolate is that? did you show off to your work colleague? kinda beats her coffee hahaha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mental isn't it?! Haha yes, I totally showed off about it- definitely not my best "gracious winner" moment... xx

      Delete
  11. Well done Alice!! This looks absolutely amazing and delicious and ahhh! I never win stuff either - so pleased you did this time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks love- I was so surprised that I won something! And I can say that it is delicious :) Fingers crossed you win something next time! xxx

      Delete
  12. Oh gosh...That chocolate teapot. I THINK I'M IN LOVE. Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cool?! Thank you so much! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog